Documentum has announced that their new major release, 5.3, has shipped.
The most noteworthy bullets from the new release:
– Linux support across the stack
– Content Rendition Services re-architected and rolled up with other “transformation” products into Content Transformation Services
– Integration of eRoom into the Content Server including the ability to associate a discussion with any object
– Integration of records management retention policies into the core content server
– WDK usability changes (Note: They call them “enhancements” but I’ll wait until I’ve seen them for myself before I use that word!)