Bugzilla up-and-running

I got Bugzilla installed locally over the weekend. It was pretty straightforward, especially with this great step-by-step doc, although I had problems getting Apache to compile the Bugzilla Home Page(index.cgi) page. As it turned out, when I gave my Apache account rights to the Bugzilla directory, I had neglected to tell Windows to propogate those rights to all sub-directories. That kept Perl from finding the bugzilla/Constants.pm file.

My goal was to compare Bugzilla to Scarab. Unfortunately, I didn’t thoroughly RTFM before I upgraded my local MySQL installation. Apparently Scarab is picky about only running on MySQL 4.0.x. Now I’ve either got to revert to the old version if I want to take a look at Scarab but I may skip it.

This entry was posted in Linux. Bookmark the permalink.