[UPDATE: Added a link to the source code that works with 3.2 Enterprise]
I originally wrote the Alfresco Developer Guide source code for Alfresco 2.2 Enterprise and Alfresco 3 Labs. The code was pretty much the same regardless of which one you were running. For things that did happen to be different, I handled those with separate projects: one for community-specific stuff and one for enterprise-specific stuff. This was pretty much limited to minor web script differences for the “client extensions” projects and LDAP configuration differences for the “server extension” project.
With the release of 3.2 Community, I realized:
- The number of different flavors of Alfresco any given reader might be running are going up, not down. Who knows when 2.2 Enterprise will be sunset.
- It is no longer as easy as “Enterprise” versus “Labs/Community” because multiple releases of the same flavor are prevalent (2.2E, 3.0E, and 3.1E, for example).
- Tagging my code in Subversion by Chapter alone is no longer enough–I need to tag by Chapter and by Alfresco version.
- Sending the publisher the code one chapter at-a-time and expecting them to manage updates and deciding how to organize all of the chapter code was a bad idea.
So, I’ve done some work to make this better (reorg the projects, restructure the download files). I’ve also tested the example code from each chapter against the latest service packs for all releases since 2.2 Enterprise. That includes making some small updates to get the examples running on 3.2 Community.
You can now download either all of the source for every version I tested against, or, download the source that works for a specific version. It may take the official download site at Packt a while to get the new files, so here are links to download them from my site:
Alfresco Developer Guide example source code for…
- Alfresco 2.2 Enterprise (~5.3 MB, Download)
- Alfresco 3.0 Labs (~5.6 MB, Download)
- Alfresco 3.0 Enterprise (~5.7 MB, Download)
- Alfresco 3.1 Enterprise (~5.6 MB, Download)
- Alfresco 3.2 Community (~5.7 MB, Download)
- Alfresco 3.2 Enterprise (~5.9 MB, Download)
- All of the above, combined (~28.1 MB, Download)
Hopefully this makes it easier for you to grab only what you need and makes it clear that each Eclipse project contains only what’s needed to work with that version of Alfresco. Deployment is easier too. Most of the time, it’s just the “someco-client-extensions” project that you deploy.
Now that I’ve got everything structured like I want it, as new versions of Alfresco are released, it should be much easier to keep up.