I’ve recently updated the Alfresco Developer Series tutorials to work with version 2.0 of the Alfresco SDK and Alfresco 5.0.d (and Enterprise 5.0).
Note that the SDK is not backwards compatible. If you are running Alfresco 4.x you need to use the older version of the SDK. When you move to 5.0 you need to move to SDK 2.0. The steps to do that are roughly:
1. Merge your pom.xml with the one generated by the 2.0 archetype.
2. Copy/merge tomcat/context.xml.
3. Copy run.sh from a 2.0 project into yours. Only needed if you are using spring-loaded.
4. Copy/merge src/test/resources.
5. Copy/merge src/test/properties.
That part was easy for all of the tutorial projects. The time-consuming part was just updating the screenshots and a few of the steps. The code stayed the same across all projects.
If you are still on 4.x and you want to use the tutorials that are specific to the older version, just use the source tagged with “4.x” on github.